P.G. Molinari is a name that has meant excellence in Italian salame and sausage for over 100 years. Founded in 1896, Molinari & Sons has carried on the traditional Italian art of sausage-making in the cool climate of San Francisco. Through four generations, the Molinari family has provided Americans with the finest in salames and Italian sausages of all types. As a family-owned business, P.G. Molinari and Sons continues the tradition of quality products and service.



Fourteen year old P.G. Molinari arrived in San Francisco in 1884, an emmigrant from the Piedmont region of Italy. He went to work in the first salame factory established in San Francisco, A Chiesa, where he became a foreman.


In 1895 he met and then married his wife Marina at the original Italian church in San Francisco. One year later he opened his own store and factory at 433 Broadway in the city. After surviving the great quake of 1906 in 1913 P.G. moved his business to 373 Columbus Street where it was located intil 1962.


P.G.'s son Frank entered the business as a partner after WWI, and his brother Angelo joined his father and brother a few years later.


After P.G. retired in 1950, Frank's son in law, Peter Giorgi, joined the business. And in 1978 P.G.'s great grandson Frank Giorgi entered the business after graduation from the University of California, Berkeley.


The 1962 move from North Beach to 1401 Yosemite Street allowed Molinari & Sons to expand and improve their manufacturing capabilities with larger drying rooms and freezer facilities. The traditional art of salame manufacturing has been maintained at Molinari, even though the technology has been modernized and changed.

-